Food Safety Management Associates
The new Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation was officially implemented September 2016.
The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual” (PCQI) who has successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls or is otherwise qualified through job experience to develop and apply a food safety system.
FDA Approved Curriculum Training:
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food
A PCQI is a professional who can manage a Food Safety Plan at a facility in accordance with the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). This person should have successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls.
This 2.5 day course utilizes the standardized curriculum developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), which is the only curriculum currently recognized by FDA and it is conducted by FSPCA trained Lead Instructor Deborah Shapos.
Dairy food examples will be incorporated to provide added value to participants from the dairy industry.
Participants will learn the following:
The requirements of the preventive controls regulation
- How prerequisite programs and the updated cGMP regulations relate to a food safety plan
- How to identify hazards requiring preventive controls, then determine and implement the appropriate preventive controls necessary to control those hazards
- How to monitor preventive controls and apply effective corrective actions to root causes to provide assurances that the controls work properly
- How verification and validation of preventive controls should be included in a food safety plan
- Which records must be maintained and included as part of a food safety plan
- At the completion of this training, participants will have the foundation knowledge to develop, implement and maintain ghe Food Safety Plan required by the FDA under the new FSMA rule.
Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate issued by AFDO after attending this training program.